At BodyWise, we are committed to the health and safety of our patients and staff. While these can be scary times, we are taking strict precautions to keep you and our team healthy and safe. At the recommendations from the Department of Health, we are asking:
- Anyone who has recently travelled overseas (regardless of country/ies visited) to self-isolate for 14 days. This means if you've travelled overseas within the last 14 days we will kindly ask you to not schedule your appointment until after that period. IF someone in your household that you have close contact with has travelled overseas within the last 14 days, we are also asking that you reschedule your appointment until after that period of time.
- If you have been in contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, or someone who is at high risk of a positive test, then we ask that you do not attend for an appointment or exercise session until you are cleared by a medical agency to do so.
- If you are feeling unwell, or have and cold or flu symptoms, then we ask that you proactively reschedule your appointment to when you are feeling better.
As a health clinic, we have always practiced high standards of hygiene. This includes strict hand hygiene practices, wiping down surfaces between clients, use of disposable face and bed covers. We will obviously continue to do this, but have increased our hygiene measures:
- We are increasing the cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces that may be touched by staff and clients, with cleaning agents the Department of Health recommends are effective for COVID-19 (and other diseases)
- We have removed items that aren’t cleaned such as magazines from our waiting areas.
- We ask that all clients wash their hands with alcohol gel provided as soon as they enter the clinic.
- We are increasing our cleaning and disinfecting of exercise equipment,
- As mentioned, we are not accepting anyone who is symptomatic or at risk of infection at this stage.
- We are asking that anyone who attends an exercise session bring their own towel, and wash their hands before and after their session.
- We are now screening all new clients at the time of booking to ensure they meet the above criteria as well.
Please do your best to care for others, by practicing excellent hand washing and hygiene, and above all staying away if you are unwell. If you attend with cold and flu symptoms, or have recently travelled overseas, you may be politely asked to reschedule your session.
Thank you for your cooperation with this. If we all work together we can continue to help everyone who needs it without disruption.
For us at BodyWise it is Business as Usual, as we continue to be committed to helping you with your pains and injuries. We are lucky that we do not treat people who are SICK, just people with pain, injuries and other conditions. Between this and our usual hygiene standards and extra precautions we believe the clinic is a much safer place than out in the community.
If you have any queries or concerns, we would be more than happy to discuss with you.