There are a number of proven benefits from resistance exercise training including:
- Increased muscle mass and bone density reducing the risk of fractures
- Improved insulin sensitivity and lowering of blood sugar levels (essential in the management of Type 2 diabetes)
- Reduce osteoarthritis pain and disability
- Better gait and balance – no falling, safer on stairs
- Improved aerobic capacity – allows you to keep up with the travellers
Physiotherapists at BodyWise have designed resistance exercise classes to help women and men with, or at risk of these problems. Exercises are clearly and simply explained and you can work to your own level.
You will receive personal attention and guidance from our physiotherapists who understand these conditions.
Please bring your private health fund card and receive immediate rebate for part of the class.